Network-Wide Informational Calls
Learn more about how to incorporate various aspects of farm to school in your school and community. The Illinois Farm to School Network hosts bi-monthly webinars to provide information on farm to school topics and share state-wide updates. Be in the know, learn how to navigate farm to school programming, and network with others in the farm to school field.
Past Network-wide calls:
- March 21, 2016 ~Fantastic School Gardens!
- May 16, 2016 ~IL Farm to School Programming 411
- September 8, 2016 ~ Adding Local to the Menu
- November 9, 2016 ~ USDA Farm to School Grant 411
- January 31, 2017 ~ Solving the Scratch Cooking Puzzle
- April 11, 2017 ~ Introducing IL Harvest of the Month!
- May 16th, 2017 ~ Planning for Next Year w/Farm to School
- September 27, 2017 ~ Gardening with Grants and More!
- November 15, 2017 ~ School Wellness Policy Reboot!
- January 23, 2018 ~ Connecting the Dots: Successful Marketing for Your Farm to School Program.
Presentations are stored online on our Google Drive. Check out this link for the powerpoints, PDF versions, and meeting recordings: VIEW PAST MEETINGS HERE.
Future Network Calls:
- March 27, 2018 ~ Planning for Farm to School Success
- May 15, 2018 ~ IL Harvest of the Month, Learn from Our Participating Schools!
- June 19, 2018 ~ Register for Farm to School Programming Now!
- September 18, 2018 ~ The Great Apple Crunch!
Working Group Meetings
In 2016, small working groups of IFSN members began meeting on an as needed basis focusing on different topics. These groups included:
- School Gardens
- 2016 Springfield Illinois Farm to School Conference
- Local Food Procurement
- Education (for teachers)