Network-Wide Informational Meetings
Learn more about how to incorporate various aspects of farm to school in your community. The Illinois Farm to School Network will host quarterly meetings to provide updates on farm to school projects statewide. Be in the know, learn about grant opportunities, and network with others in the farm to school field. Network-wide meetings in 2016/17 will be held on the following dates:
- March 21, 2016 3:00pm ~webinar now posted online at link below!
- May 16, 2016 1:30pm ~webinar now posted online at link below!
- September 8, 2016 3:30pm ~ webinar and notes posted online at link below!
- November 9, 2016 2:00pm ~ webinar now posted online at link below!
- January 31, 2017 2:00 pm ~ webinar and notes now posted online at link below!
- April 11, 2017 2:00 pm ~ webinar and notes now posted online at link below!
- May 16th, 2017 2:00 pm ~ Planing for Next Year? Add a Farm to School Program!
- August 2017 (date TBD) ~ Innovative Funding for Farm to School Programs!
Agendas and presentations are stored online on our Google Drive. Check out this link for the agendas, powerpoints, and meeting recordings: VIEW PAST MEETINGS HERE.
Working Group Meetings
In 2016, small working groups of IFSN members began meeting on an as needed basis focusing on different topics. These groups include:
- School Gardens
- 2016 Springfield Illinois Farm to School Conference
- Local Food Procurement
- Education (for teachers)